5/7/09

Manny Banned for 50 Games; "Not Steroids"

According to multiple news sources, Dodgers slugger Manny Ramirez has tested positive for a banned substance, and will begin serving the fifty game suspension.

Ramirez, arguably the highest-profile player to fail the test, released the following statement;

Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me. Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now. I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons. I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. LA is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment